- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
Jack Chicken Enchiladas are a traditional favorite made with Monterey Jack cheese and jalapeno peppers.
- 1 dozen tortillas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Soften tortillas, one at a time, in hot oil in skillet for 15 seconds on each side.
- Combine chicken, onion and 1 cup cheese in bowl. Spoon 3 tablespoons chicken mixture onto each tortilla. Roll to enclose filling. Place seam side down in baking dish.
- Saute peppers in margarine in saucepan. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Add broth gradually. Cook over low heat until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Stir in sour cream until heated through.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer.