- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
A fresh and simple Italian salad made with tuna, cannellini beans, olive oil and Mediterranean spices.
- 1 can tuna in olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 15 ounces cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- Drain the oil from the tuna and place into a serving bowl along with the vinegar, garlic, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Break the tuna into pieces and then add to the bowl with the garlic mixture along with the beans, onion and the bell pepper.
- Toss to coat and then place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill so the flavors can blend.