- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr 10 min
- Total: 6 hr 25 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
Saucy, slow cooked, beef and sausage dinner with cheese tortellini.
- 1/2 pound ground round steak
- 1 (1 pound) package bulk Italian sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) carton refrigerated marinara sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine the beef and sausage in a skillet and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Mix the meat, marinara sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms in a greased slow cooker. Cook covered for 6-8 hours on low.
- Mix in the tortellini and sprinkle the cheese over top. Cook covered for 10-15 more minutes on high, or when the tortellini is tender.