- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
Italian Style Seafood Stew is full of fish, scallops and shrimp.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2, 14 ounce cans Italian style tomatoes
- 1/2 teapoon Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound haddock, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sea scallops, cut in half
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add fennel, onion, bell pepper and garlic. Saute 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, seasonings and red pepper flakes; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes.
- Add fish, scallops, and shrimp. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork. Stir in parsley.