- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 8 min
- Serving: Serves 6
Traditionally, picnic pasta salads are doused with mayonnaise or mayonnaise-based dressings that are neither healthy nor conducive to being outside for hours on a hot day. For all of your picnics and BBQs this year, try making this healthy yet tasty alternative to the classic pasta salad.
- 12-ounces uncooked orecchiette pasta
- 6-ounces canned tuna
- 6-ounces provolone cheese, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup roasted red pepper, sliced
- 6-ounces black pitted olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente. Drain and let cool.
- In a serving bowl, combine pasta, tuna, provolone cheese, red onion, tomato, red pepper, olives, basil, and Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk olive oil with vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over pasta mixture and gently toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve.