- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Makes 48 meatballs
This convenient Italian-style freezer meatball recipe makes whipping up dinner on busy nights a snap.
- 2 1/2 pounds ground round or chuck
- 1 pound hot or sweet Italian gsausage, casings removed
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 2/3 cups fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon dried, crushed rosemary
- 2 cups milk
- Mix all ingredients very well, and form into about 48 meatballs, depending on the size. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place meatballs in a shallow baking pan and bake about 30 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink. You may use part of these now and freeze the remainder after cooling for 30 minutes.
- Place a dozen meatballs in a single layer on freezer wrap and fold over wrap neatly, or partially freeze on a cookie sheet then place in plastic bags. Do not stack anything on top of the packages for at least 12 hours.
- To serve, heat them in a 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes, or until warmed through. These make wonderful Swedish meatballs, meatball sandwiches, spaghetti, or in a meatball stew!