- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 5 servings
Take a trip to Italy, even if just for dinner. Hamburger patties made with spaghetti sauce and breadcrumbs.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 10 thick slices Italian bread
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- Mix together the beef, 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce, breadcrumbs and eggs. Form into 5 patties.
- Broil the patties, 3 inches above the heat, for 4-6 minutes a side.
- Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet and lightly toast. Add a slice of cheese to 5 pieces and top with a patty and another slice of cheese. Place another piece of bread over.
- Place the sheet in the oven (should still be hot from the broiler) and leave it in there for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- To serve spread spaghetti sauce on the burgers.