- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr 15 min
- Total: 8 hr 45 min
- Serving: 10
Serve with crusted french bread and herb butter.
- 1 pound pinto beans
- 4 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Wash and soak beans in a bowl of water overnight.
- Place beans in a crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients except the cheeses to the crock pot.
- Stir until mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 7 to 8 hours.
- Pour the cheeses on top of the mixture.
- Cover and cook an additional 15 minutes.