- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 20
Cute as a button, these savory winter warmers are a great addition to any holiday soiree. Add an extra dash of grated Parmesan cheese to the tops of mushrooms right before they come out of the oven for an extra dose of ooey-gooey goodness.
- 1 pound button mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon grated Asiago cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 cup packaged herbed stuffing
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and dry mushrooms, remove stems.
- Dice 1 cup worth of stems, set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan then brush butter over mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms, cap side down, on a cookie sheet.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in same saucepan. Add stems, onion and garlic.
- SautÃ© until tender, remove from heat.
- Stir in softened cream cheese. Add Parmesan and Asiago cheeses, parsley and stuffing.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Scoop mixture into mushroom caps, bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.