- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Grill up this colorful combination of sweet Italian sausage with sweet peppers, and accompany with a bottle of Tempranillo or a Bordeaux.
Photo originally appeared on www.bhg.com
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green sweet peppers, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 2 red sweet peppers, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 medium red onion, thickly sliced
- 6 sweet Italian sausage links, pricked with a fork
- Prepare your grill on medium heat.
- In the meantime, combine the toasted almonds, raisins, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a small saucepan and heat the mixture, stirring frequently, over medium heat until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the peppers and the onion into a bowl, add the olive oil and toss to coat. Transfer the vegetables to the grill, along with the sausages, and cook for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Put the sausages and vegetables on a platter, drizzled with the almond sauce. Serve immediately.