- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 9 hr
- Total: 9 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8
You can use pork or beef sausage in this dish.
- 3/4 pound. bulk Italian pork sausage
- 2 sliced carrots
- 2 medium potato, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2-14 oz cans ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 zucchini, julienne cut
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown sausage in a skillet.
- Combine cooked sausage and all remaining ingredients except zucchini and cheese in a crock pot.
- Stir slowly to mix.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 7 to 9 hours.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Slowly stir in zucchini.
- Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Spoon into soup bowls and sprinkle with cheese