- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 8
Italian Sausage and Egg Casserole is versatile and can be served at brunch with fresh fruit and pastries or for dinner with a green salad and warm focaccia bread.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Butter 9 by 13 inch glass baking dish. Saute sausage in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add green onions and garlic and saute 4 minutes. Add tablespoons parsley; stir 1 minute. Spread sausage mixture in prepared dish.
- Whisk eggs, egg yolks, half and half, whipping cream, 1 1/2 cups cheese and salt in large bowl. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture in dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons parsely over. Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until top of casserole is golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.