- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 1cup
Even though pesto must be made with fresh basil, it can be prepared and then frozen for up to 3 months. Just make sure to add the Parmesan and nuts after thawing.
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Using a food processor, mix the basil, Parmesan, pine nuts garlic and a sprinkle of salt and pepper together until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- With the machine running, slowly pour in the oil through the processor flute.
- Check the seasoning and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve immediately.