- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Nothing beats a fresh, simple and flavorful bowl of Italian pasta with a glass of Sangiovese or Valpolicella.
- 6 ounces penne
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 14-ounce can plum tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the penne al dente according to package directions, drain and place back into the pan.
- In the meantime, place the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the garlic and red pepper. Cook for 2 minutes and then remove the garlic and discard.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan, mash with a fork and cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with some salt and then pour the sauce over the pasta.
- Sprinkle the pasta and sauce with some salt and pepper, toss and serve topped with the cheese and the parsley.