- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 16 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Try this delicious Italian sandwich made with beef and vegetables and topped with Provolone cheese.
- 1/4 cup white wine or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 17-ounce package refrigerated cooked Italian-style herbed beef roast in au just
- 1 cup sliced baby or regular size red or yellow sweet peppers
- 2 square whole grain ciabatta rolls or buns
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Prepare the oven broiler.
- Place the vinegar, sugar and pepper into a bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the beef and the peppers to the sugar mixture, cover and place in the microwave for 4 minutes.
- In the meantime, using a sharp knife, cut the rolls in half and place cut sides up on a baking sheet. Place the bread under the broiler and toast for 1 minute, and then top each slice with cheese and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Use a fork to shred the beef and then add in the parsley. Stir the mixture to combine and then spoon onto the prepared rolls using a slotted spoon.