- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 8 servings
A classic Italian vegetable and pasta stew.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen onions and bell peppers
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half lenthwise, sliced
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, garlic and butter to a large pot. Saute for 2 minutes. Mix in the tomatoes, oregano, basil and some salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and return to a boil. Reduce to a simmer again for 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender.