- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This classic salad can be enjoyed as a side to any main Italian dish, or with some fresh country bread, wine and aged yellow cheese.
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut and discard the fennel stalks, trim the base and remove any discolored portions of the fennel bulb.
- Cut the bulb, vertically, into thin slices and arrange on a flat salad dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, lemon juice and salt together with a whisk, then pour over the fennel slices.
- Add a few grinds of fresh pepper to the fennel and serve.