- Prep: 13 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4
This is a terrific alternative to breaded fried fish.
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cod fillets
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- In small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, cheese, cornmeal, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Place the cod on a rack in a broiling pan.
- Fold under any thin edges of the fillets.
- Brush with the egg white, then spoon the crumb mixture evenly on top.
- Bake at 450 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes.