- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 28 min
- Serving: 6
Italian Chicken Sub Sandwich is constructed on a 12 inch loaf of Italian bread.
- 3 tablespoons black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 1, 12 inch loaf Italian bread, split lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound bag frozen pepper stir fry mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces chicken breast, cooked and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- In a small bowl, mix together the olives, capers and mayonaise. Spread the mixture over the cut side of the top of the loaf of bread.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, combine the oil and pepper mix. Saute until peppers are tender and browne, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and vinegar and cook for another minute.
- Spoon the peppers evenly over the bottom half of the loaf of bread. Top with the chicken, then season with salt and pepper. Add a layer of fresh basil leaves. Place the top half of the loaf on the sandwich, then cut into 6 slices.