- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 4 People
Mama Mia Monday just might be your favorite day of the week with this rich Italian bread salad. The hearty flavors are outstanding and this is perfect for a busy Monday night meal. Toss in some mozzarella cheese and Mama Mia, more-a-please-a!
- 5 cups cubed Italian bread, sitting out while other ingredients are prepared
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, 1 whole, 1 finely diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Rub the whole garlic clove over the bread before cubing. Coat your salad bowl by rubbing it down with the garlic clove.
- Cube the Italian bread and place it inside the bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, diced garlic and red onion. Tear the basil leaves and combine.
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and capers, tossing to coat everything. Enjoy!