- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr
- Total: 3 hr 35 min
- Serving: 6
Italian Beef Classico will become a family favorite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef, sirloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 small cans tomato sauce
- 1 small can plum tomatoes, chopped
- Italian seasonings to taste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- pasta of choice, cooked al dente
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and saute onion, green pepper, celery then add ground sirloin. Cook until brown. Drain if desired.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well. Sprinkle with Italian seasonings to taste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 to 3 hours. Serve over pasta.