- Prep: 4 hr 30 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 4 hr 30 min
- Serving: 36 kabobs
These colorful and flavorful Italian-inspired appetizers are wonderful served with a bottle of Bardolino wine.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 12 ounces provolone cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 4 ounces (3/4-inch thick slice) deli hard salami, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 red and/or green peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 (6-ounce) can large whole pitted ripe olives, drained
- Decorative toothpicks
- Place the olive oil, vinegar, basil, oregano and garlic in a large shallow bowl, and mix to combine.
- Add the cheese, salami, peppers and olives, toss to coat and cover with plastic wrap; place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to marinate.
- Remove the kabob ingredients from the refrigerator and thread onto decorative toothpicks.