- Prep: 24 hr 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 24 hr 20 min
- Serving: 10-12
Island Shrimp is a must have appetizer for your shrimp loving guests.
- 2 1/2 pounds cooked shrimp
- 2 cups onion, sliced in rings
- 7 bay leafs
- For the dressing: 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3 tablespoons capers
- dash of Tabasco
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- Place shrimp and onion in a shallow pan in layers. Add bay leaves.
- Mix ingredients for dressing and pour over shrimp.
- Marinate in refrigerator, tightly covered, 24 hours. Remove shrimp from marinade before serving.