- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 8 Servings
The best way to top off a wonderful meal is with a rich cup of Irish coffee. For some it’s even considered the perfect dessert!
- 3 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cups Irish whiskey
- 6 cups rich, hot brewed coffee
- Grated nutmeg or ground cinnamon for garnish
- Beat the cream with 3 tablespoons of sugar in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Refrigerate the whipped cream, covered, until ready to serve.
- Warm 8 glasses by filling each with hot water, leaving for at least 1 minute and then draining. Immediately put 2 tablespoons of whisky into each glass.
- Dissolve the remaining 4 tablespoons of sugar in the coffee. Pour the coffee into each glass, leaving about 1/4-inch space from the top.
- Holding a large spoon upside down over the glass, slowly pour the whipped cream onto the spoon so it slides into the glass and floats on top of the coffee.
- Sprinkle the coffee with nutmeg or cinnamon and serve immediately.