- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes 3
Stuffed French bread dinner.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted black olives
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 3 individual French rolls, about 8 inches long
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the meat and onions in a skillet over medium heat, drain.
- Mix in the pizza sauce, olives and seasonings.
- Slice the rolls in half and hollow out the insides to within 1/2-inch of the crust.
- Add half of the cheese into the bottom of each hollowed out roll. Spoon the meat mixture in and sprinkle with the other half of the cheese. Top with the remaining roll.
- Wrap each roll in foil and bake for 20 minutes.