- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 8 Servings
Make this light and chocolaty dessert so each of your guests gets their own personal soufflé, dusted with powdered sugar and served warm.
- 10 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs, separated
- Butter to grease ramekins
- Sugar for sprinkling in the ramekins
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan over low heat until the chocolate melts.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease 8, 3/4-cup ramekins with butter and then sprinkle with sugar.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow to cool to lukewarm before whisking in the egg yolks.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of cream of tartar until soft peaks form and then fold into the chocolate mixture in 4 additions.
- Spoon the soufflé mixture into the ramekins and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and dust with sifted powdered sugar.