- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 14 min
- Total: 24 min
- Serving: 4
Enjoy this vegetarian Indian dish made with kale and chickpeas, otherwise known as garbanzo beans.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1 1 pounds kale, ribs removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- Place the olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then add the kale and cook for 1 minute, tossing frequently.
- Pour in the broth and then add the coriander, cumin, garam masala and salt. Stir the mixture to combine, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Serve hot.