- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A delicious, knock-out, broccoli and cheese soup.
- 1 (10 ounce) pacakge frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1.4 cup flour
- 1 (1 pint) carton half-and-half cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package mild Mexican Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Punch holes in the broccoli package. Microwave for 5 minutes, flip and heat for 4 more minutes. Let set for 3 minutes.
- Add the butter to the saucepan and melt. Saute the onions. Stir in the flour and slowly add the cream, broth, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/8 teaspoon of pepper and the cayenne pepper. Heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, but do not boil.
- Mix in the cheese, and stir until melted. Stir in the broccoli. Serve while still hot.