- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Whiskey cocktails are usually good but this updated and improved version, created by Jerry Thomas, is significantly better.
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon maraschino liqueur
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 dash absinthe
- Lemon zest for garnish
- Put a martini glass into the freezer for 5 minutes to chill.
- Place all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker, except for the garnish, and then fill with ice.
- Stir the mixture for 30 seconds to combine and then strain into the prepared glass. Garnish with the lemon zest and then serve immediately.