- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 6
Imperial Cheesecake Bars, with a hint of lemon, are fit for a King!
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Filling: 1/2 cup sugar
- 1, 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter and sugar, add flour and nuts, mix well. Reserve 1 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture in a 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.
- Make filling: Blend sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Spread over baked crust and sprinkle reserved topping. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Cut into squares. Refrigerate.