- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 8 cups
The fresh mint in this ice tea recipe adds intense flavor and beautiful green color to this classic summer beverage.
- 8 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon loose Chinese green tea
- 25 fresh mint sprigs (about 1-1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Place the tea and the boiling water in a bowl and allow to steep for 3 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl, using a fine mesh sieve, and discard the used tea leaves.
- Add the fresh mint and the sugar, and stir until sugar has totally dissolved.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator to chill and then serve over ice.