- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: Makes 2-1/2 dozen cookies
Grab one or two! Iced Oatmeal Cookies make a great after-school or after-dinner treat, especially in the fall months. Applesauce helps keep the cookies moist.
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup of light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of chunky applesauce
- 1-1/2 cups of old-fashioned, rolled oats
- 1/1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of course salt
- 1 cup of raisins
- For icing: 1-3/4 cup of confectioner's sugar
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put butter and sugars into a bowl and combine using an electric mixer on low speed.
- Add the egg and applesauce and mix until well blended (about 2-3 minutes). Mix in oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, then the raisins.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and drop the cookie dough from a spoon, about 2 inches apart from each other. Bake until the cookies begin to turn golden (about 13-15 minutes).
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes. Then transfer to wire racks.
- For the icing, whisk together the confectioner's sugar, water and syrup until smooth. Drizzle over completely cooled cookies and allow to set.