- Prep: 2 hr
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 2 hr 30 min
- Serving: 7 dozen
Just like Grandma used to make, coconut icebox cookie recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat together the shortening and sugar until creamy. Mix in the eggs, coconut, milk and vanilla until well blended.
- Gradually add in the four mixture. Stirring after each addition.
- Divide the dough in two and shape into 2 rolls, 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Roll in wax paper and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut slices 1/4 inch thick and bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.