- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A thick and creamy blue cheese dressing served onto crisp Iceberg lettuce and topped with warm smoky bacon is the ultimate in satisfying salads. If you like your dressing a bit thinner, mix in a little more buttermilk until you get the consistency you like.
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon
- 1 large head of iceberg lettuce, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, pepper, hot sauce and buttermilk until well combined.
- Stir in the blue cheese and continue to mix until all ingredients are well blended.
- Place the iceberg lettuce in a large salad bowl and top with red onion; set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until slightly crispy. Remove bacon, coarsely chop and then place back in pan over low heat to keep warm.
- Spoon blue cheese dressing over bowl of lettuce and transfer the warm bacon pieces onto the salad with a slotted spoon. Serve immediately.