- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4
Hunter's Chicken is full of good things like mushrooms and orzo pasta.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1, 10 ounce can mushrooms, sliced
- 1, 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, cut into narrow strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into narrow strips
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 4 chicken thighs, skinned and boneless, cut in half crosswise
- Sugggested Toppings: grated Parmesan cheese, minced parsley
- Bring water to boil in a large non-stick skillet and add orzo. Boil uncovered on medium high heat, stirring occasionally for 9 minutes, or until firm tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in same skillet. Add mushrooms and saute 3 to 4 minutes until lightly brown. Remove mushrooms to a bowl.
- Mix tomatoes, pepper, onion, garlic, basil, oregano and salt in same skillet. Add chicken thighs and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmering 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Stir in orzo and cover and continue cooking 6 minutes or longer until chicken is cooked through. Stir in mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.