- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 14 min
- Total: 29 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This recipe uses hummus to coat the chicken, prior to dredging the breasts in breadcrumbs, giving it a thicker and more delicious coating.
- 1 16-ounce can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups coarse soft bread crumbs
- Place the beans into a food processor along with the lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Process the mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper, and then thickly coat with the hummus.
- Dredge the chicken in the breadcrumbs, pushing to adhere.
- Place the remaining oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken and cook for 14 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink. Serve immediately.