- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
Serve Houston Shrimp Creole over white rice.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 4 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups canned tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 cups medium shrimp, cooked, shelled
- salt to taste
- hot cooked rice
- Saute first 3 ingredients in bacon drippings until onions are golden. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, seasonings and herbs. Simmer for about 40 minutes until thickened.
- Add shrimp and salt. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve over rice.