- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
A classic winter beverage, this cocktail can be made with the malt beer and sprit of your choice.
- 3 apples (peeled, cored, sliced, and sprinkled with 1/2 cup brown sugar)
- 1 quart brown ale
- 8 ounces dry sherry
- Zest from 1/2 lemon, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all but a handful of apples in an oven dish and drizzle with a bit of the brown ale. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Place the apple mixture into a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Add the remaining ale, sherry, lemon zest and spices to the mixture and simmer gently.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl along with the remaining apple slices and serve.