- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4-6 Servings
Coleslaw can be made with traditional red or green cabbage, or alternatively Chinese, celery, Napa, Savoy cabbages or even bok choy, as a delicious alternative.
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 3 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups shredded red or green cabbage
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and grated
- Blue cheese to garnish
- Cook the bacon in large skillet over low heat until crisp. Drain the bacon on paper towels, cool and crumble.
- Add the vinegar, water, brown sugar, caraway and salt to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat and then add the cabbage and the apple.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for 2 minutes before serving hot, topped with the crumbled bacon and some blue cheese.