- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 2-4 People
Red velvet cake in the form of hot cocoa? Yes, please! This sweet drink is perfect for a cold night out or a warm night in.
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 4-5 drops red food coloring
- To make the whipped cream cheese frosting, blend heavy cream and sugar with an electric mixer until it thickens. Add cream cheese and vanilla extract, and continue blending until stiff peaks form. Don’t blend too long because it turns to a buttery texture.
- For the the hot chocolate, add milk to a pot. Splash in some water and add the semisweet chocolate chips. Mix together until the chips are melted. Add food coloring to give it a sweet, dark rose look.
- Pour into a serving cup and top with cream cheese frosting.