- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6
Serve Hot Jack and Chiles with tortilla chips.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup canned tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Blend in flour. Stir in cream slowly. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 3 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic and salt in a chafing dish; heat. Stir in cream sauce gradually. Add chiles. Stir in cheese, a small amount at a time until melted. Serve with tortilla chips.