- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
The combination may sound a bit odd; however, cheddar and apples make an excellent pair topped on hot dogs.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large Granny Smith apples - peeled, halved cored and cut into scant 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 long pretzel rolls or hot dog buns, split
- 3 ounces thinly sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- Place the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat, add the apples and sauté for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the sugar over the apples and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook the mixture for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then sprinkle in the cinnamon. Remove the pan from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot add the hot dogs and cook for 5 minutes until browned.
- Immediately transfer the hot dogs to the rolls and top with the cheddar cheese and the apples. Serve immediately.