- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 21 min
- Serving: Makes 8 Hot Dogs
Kids give these dogs an enthusiastic ‘thumbs-up.’ Use Hass avocados for a creamier textured avocado.
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 1/4 pound all-beef hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 small white onion, cut into slivers
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup crushed regular potato chips
- Prepare the grill on medium heat.
- In the meantime, place the avocados, lime juice, salt and pepper into a bowl and mash to combine.
- Using a sharp knife, makes a few shallow cuts in each of the hot dogs and then place on the grill for 6 minutes, turning occasionally, with the lid closed.
- Place each grilled dog in a bun and top with the avocado mixture, onion, tomatoes and the chips. Serve immediately.