- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Plump and juicy hot dogs are cooked in a skillet and then topped with a spicy slaw made with fennel, cabbage, caraway, red pepper and chili.
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1/4 head red cabbage
- 1/4 head cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 green chilies diced
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- segments of 2 oranges
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 hot dog buns
- Place the olive oil into a skillet over medium-high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the cabbage and the fennel to the pan and sear on all sides until light brown. Set the vegetables aside on a clean countertop and then slice each into long strips once cool enough to handle.
- Place the cabbage, fennel, orange segments and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl and toss to combine. Add the sour cream, caraway seeds, red pepper flakes, chilies, and cilantro, and toss the mixture once more to mix.
- Place a large skillet over low heat. Score the hot dogs and then place in the pan; brown the dogs on all sides and then place in the buns. Top with the prepared slaw and the condiments of your choice.