- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 12 squares
A puffy, egg cheese and green chilie appetizer.
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (3 ounce) jar bacon bits
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- 7 eggs
- Hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a 7x11-inch greased pan, layer the green chilies, bacon bits and cheese.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to beat the eggs with a little salt and the hot sauce. Pour over the cheese.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove the cover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Slice into squares to serve.