- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 7
A creamy chocolate drink to warm you up on a cold day.
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups milk, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine cocoa, sugar and cinnamon in saucepan.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup milk.
- Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in remaining milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Gradually stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs.
- Add eggs to saucepan.
- Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and beat on medium speed of an electric mixer until frothy.