- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 13 min
- Serving: 2
- Â½ cup bulgur wheat
- Â¼ cup oats
- 2 cups water or lowfat 1% milk
- Pinch salt
- Place ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring to combine.
- Cover and let sit overnight.
- Cereal can be kept at room temperature or refrigerated (if using milk, refrigerate).
- In the morning, transfer cereal to a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Adjust consistency to your liking by adding more liquid to thin or cooking longer to thicken.
- Remove from heat and serve and add your favorite fruit and nuts.
- To cook in a microwave, pour cereal into a microwave-safe bowl or use a microwave-safe bowl to begin with. Cover with plastic wrap and cut vents in the plastic with a sharp knife. Microwave on HIGH for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Adjust consistency to your liking. Serve with following mix-ins.