- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 11 min
- Serving: Makes about 1-1/2 cups
This sauce is so thick, sweet and gooey that you may prefer just eating it alone rather than topping it onto a dessert.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Put the butter and the sugar into a heavy saucepot and place over medium heat.
- Cook the mixture, stirring frequently, for about 6 minutes. The mixture will initially thicken, but after a few minutes it will begin to thin out and start turning a caramel color.
- Immediately remove the mixture from the heat and to allow stand for 1 minute before carefully mixing in the cream. Serve hot.