- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Serves 10
Nothing soothes a bunch of fried and frazzled holiday nerves from a crazy day of Christmas shopping like this cold-weather classic.
- 1 pound light brown sugar
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 15 ounces rum
- Boiling water, as needed
- cinnamon to garnish
- In a large bowl, beat together the brown sugar, spices and vanilla until mixed.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of the sugar mixture and 1-1/2 ounces rum into a warmed coffee mug.
- Add boiling water and fill to the top. Mix well, garnish with cinnamon and serve immediately.