- Prep: 2 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 2 hr 35 min
- Serving: 20
Hot Asparagus Canapes are flavored with blue cheese.
- 20 thin slices white bread
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 20 spears canned asparagus
- 1/2 pound butter, melted
- Trim crusts from bread; flatten with a rolling pin.
- Blend cheeses and egg in a small bowl. Spread evenly on each bread slice. Roll 1 asparagus spear in each slice. Fasten with a toothpick. Dip in melted butter to coat thoroughly. Place rolls on a cookie sheet and freeze.
- Slice frozen rolls into 3 equal parts. Place on cookie sheet. Return to freezer. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve hot.